We are looking for a Financial Controller, in New York City, to assist our Finance Director in developing and delivering financial management strategies, systems, controls and information to support the business and development of VistaJet and its several legal entities.
This is an exciting time to join VistaJet. 2016 was our best year ever in North America – flight bookings increased 137% year-on-year.
We’re an ambitious team and we are looking for a Financial Controller who will develop and mentor the finance team to prepare and issue timely financial accounts, reports and forecasts to ensure business development, continuity and legal compliance.
Your main duties will include:
Preparation of accounts
- Ensuring the preparation of accurate monthly management accounts;
- Ensuring regulatory requirements of dedicated legal entities are met regarding all the Company’s financial controls, policies and procedures; Producing statutory accounts when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate; Ensuring all controls in respect of financial management are conducted in accordance with the Company guidelines at all times;
- Managing all aspects of financial performance including; accurate revenue recognition, monthly forecasting, billing, accounts receivable and collections;
- Preparing and reporting on ad-hoc financial information as requested.
Budgets and forecasts
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans as requested;
- Reviewing, interpreting and reporting on monthly accounts, performance and variances; analyzing trends and investigating discrepancies; driving corrective measures in a collaborative manner with the relevant teams.
Financial management & controls
- Preparing, monitoring and managing cash flow position;
- Projecting cash flow as requested;
- Overseeing and controlling payments to suppliers and other stakeholders;
- Overseeing the control of all accountancy transactions and matters at all times;
- Conducting regular reviews of the effectiveness of internal controls covering financial, operational and compliance procedures and implement new controls and procedures as required;
- Developing a monthly analytical summary for Senior Management highlighting operating results and Key Performance Indicators;
- Assisting the Finance Director to develop and implementing corporate governance and risk management procedures, and internal controls.
- Supporting the Finance Director in the development and execution of the Group’s taxation strategy;
- Ensuring returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are accurately submitted, legally compliant and all payments made within specified deadlines.
- Assisting the Finance Director and the finance team to deliver comprehensive and legally compliant financial management and cultivate a team oriented environment and work to ensure talent enhancement and career advancement;
- Providing the finance team with direction and guidance in all areas of accounting and finance.
- Managing relationships with auditors, tax advisers, bankers and other parties as directed by the Finance Director;
- Updating the Finance team on key technical developments which are relevant to the operation of an efficient finance function;
- Providing assistance as required during any transactions (acquisitions and disposals);
- Ad-hoc capital project appraisals;
- Providing transactional financial assistance to the operational management of the business on a day to day basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You’re a fully Qualified Accountant (CPA) and have gained experience at a large accounting firm, including experience in a managerial capacity;
- We’re a fast-growing company and you’ll be eager to take on responsibility with limited direction;
- We’re passionate about what we do and you’ll be interested in aviation and/or disruptive industries. Experience in the aviation sector is desirable;
- Advanced Excel/modelling skills are essential;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to provide commercially focused variance analysis and commentary;
- Able to work in a highly pressurized, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment;
- Experience in using SAP accounting software is desirable;
If you are ready for a challenge and interested in the above position, please submit your application using our Application Form. All forms will be processed. Only successful applicants will be contacted directly. Telephone calls regarding careers at VistaJet will not be processed.
For jobs located within the European Union, an original Criminal Record Certificate is required in accordance with European Regulation (EC) No 300/2008 and Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/1998.