We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team in New York City and provide full legal support and advice to the company management in cooperation with our Chief Legal Counsel.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing high quality in-house legal services with a strong focus on the aviation industry;
- Supporting sales contracting and marketing efforts, including direct legal support in the form of reviewing, drafting and negotiating customer agreements and assessing and monitoring FAA/DOT compliance;
- Leading and overseeing significant and complex service support and warranty agreements governed by NY / US law including disputes;
- Contracting negotiation and drafting of NY law governed agreements;
- Providing advice on and be part of the key strategic initiatives and expansion of the company particularly in the US markets;
- Providing support on overall corporate governance, corporate housekeeping, general corporate legal matters;
- Diligently monitoring proposed legislation and regulatory changes that may affect the business. Evaluating exposure and anticipating potential issues or challenges as a result;
- Handling various legal aspects in relations to employment law as required;
- Supporting the aircraft and general financing activity of the group, in particular if NY law governed.
Required, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified lawyer;
- 5-7 years professional experience in corporate legal work in US ideally with court experience;
- Computer literacy;
- Some international exposure helpful;
- Experience working within a diverse and multinational environment a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations;
- Strong problem-solving and creativity skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation;
- A second language would be ideal.
If you are ready for a challenge and interested in the above position, please submit your application using our Application Form. All forms will be processed. Only successful applicants will be contacted directly. Telephone calls regarding careers at VistaJet will not be processed.
For jobs located within the European Union, an original Criminal Record Certificate is required in accordance with European Regulation (EC) No 300/2008 and Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/1998.