VistaJet is the leading global business aviation company, providing exceptional standards of quality, style and service. Our home away from home experience is tailored so that passengers always feel at ease to work, entertain and relax all on the same journey.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and passionate ‘foodie’, who has experience in high-end food establishments and an extensive knowledge of international cuisine, to join the team in London.
Our London catering team is part of a network of regional catering teams – in London, Hong Kong and New York – that work around the clock to provide a menu tailored for each and every VistaJet customer on each and every VistaJet flight. In September 2016 our catering team handled 991 catering orders for 3,386 passengers worldwide.
We have established partnerships with some of the world’s leading executive aviation caterers and renowned restaurants. You will use your high-end food knowledge to develop menus that these partners will create, while ensuring that all on-board catering meets the required standard of our discerning customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating a menu that is tailor-made to the customer’s needs on each and every VistaJet flight; contributing to the ‘home away from home’ experience;
- Developing menu proposals that are based on known customer preferences, customer feedback from previous flights, while adhering to budgetary procedures;
- Maintaining high quality control standards, instilling a high degree of attention to detail to ensure that catering for all flights meets VistaJet’s standards;
- Ensuring that supplier prices are correctly updated in the system;
- Properly logging and escalating all issues or feedback within our in-house system, with the suppliers or other with other VistaJet departments;
- Communicating with our Cabin Hostesses before each flight to ensure all catering has been received and is of sufficient standard;
- Maintaining strong relationships with VistaJet’s suppliers;
- Quickly resolving day-to-day issues with suppliers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of multiple international cuisines and dietary requirements that will enable to you create tailor-made menus;
- Experience in the food and beverage industry, gained within an innovative and/or upmarket hotel or restaurant;
- Impeccable attention to detail that will ensure that on-board catering is always of an excellent standard;
- You’re an adept problem solver and able to work well under pressure, remaining calm in a fast-paced environment;
- You possess an excellent standard or written and spoken English. Fluency in a second language is highly beneficial, especially Russian or Hindi;
- You’re prepared to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and/or public holidays;
- A competent user of Microsoft Office programmes, including Outlook, Excel and Work, and web-based systems and search engines.
Catering team members work five days in seven, including weekends and public holidays – early mornings and evenings.
If you are ready for a challenge and interested in the above position, please submit your application using our Application Form. All forms will be processed. Only successful applicants will be contacted directly. Telephone calls regarding careers at VistaJet will not be processed.
For jobs located within the European Union, an original Criminal Record Certificate is required in accordance with European Regulation (EC) No 300/2008 and Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/1998.