We are looking for a financial accountant in Shanghai with an Anglo-Saxon approach to work – clear, concise, pragmatic and decisive. With an international background and fluent Mandarin and English speaker, candidates should be entrepreneurial and self–starters.
Summary of Role:
• To manage all monthly accounting reporting processes and year end Statutory Accounts for our Chinese entity;
• To manage/process monthly payroll, and all year end and associated payroll reporting;
• To control the posting and reporting of all costs;
• To manage daily cash including cash forecasting.
• To plan and co-ordinate all month end processes, ensuring that VistaJet reporting requirements are met, all ledgers are closed as per month end timetable, and that all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis. This includes responsibility for creating overhead entries, including salary and related costs, fixed asset depreciation, processing accruals and prepayments, and Inter Company postings and reconciliations; and reviewing the monthly GL to ensure correct allocation of postings;
• To liaise with budget holders in order to produce accurate month end accruals;
• To ensure accurate and correctly authorized payroll information is processed; to deal with any payroll queries and to post all payroll journals to financial accounting system;
• To manage the Purchase Ledger function; controlling the accounting and approval of all direct costs and ensuring that suppliers are paid in a timely manner;
• To prepare year end statutory accounts, and to be the prime contact for auditors to ensure that any audit queries are resolved, and that statutory requirements are met;
• To cover the HR admin function for the Chinese entity;
• To prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns.
• Qualified Accountant (preferred) and/or extensive experience in similar role;
• Good working knowledge of SAP;
• COPA experience;
• Strong educational achievements with at least an undergraduate degree;
• International work experience preferred.
If you are ready for a challenge and interested in the above position, please submit your application using our Application Form. All forms will be processed. Only successful applicants will be contacted directly. Telephone calls regarding careers at VistaJet will not be processed.
For jobs located within the European Union, an original Criminal Record Certificate is required in accordance with European Regulation (EC) No 300/2008 and Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/1998.