Flight traffic to the United States increased by 135 per cent, making it one of VistaJet’s fastest growing markets in 2015
- Global flight traffic increased by 21 per cent and overall passenger numbers by 23 per cent year-on-year
- Number of flights to the U.S. increased by 135 per cent year-on-year
- The number of flights within the U.S. increased by 165 per cent year-on-year
- Number of flights to Asia increased by 62 per cent and number of passengers by 57 per cent year-on-year
- Number of flights to China up 25 per cent year-on-year
- Successful launch of in country services with Apex Air in China
New York, March 7, 2016 – VistaJet, the global leader in business aviation, today announced its flight and passenger statistics for 2015. In the 2015 calendar year, both the number of passengers flying with VistaJet and its overall flight traffic increased in all of its core markets, making 2015 the company’s strongest year to date. Worldwide flight traffic increased more than 21 per cent year-on-year when compared to 2014 and the total number of passengers flying with VistaJet increased by more than 23 per cent.
The company’s strong performance reflects its superior customer offering, and was driven by its continued focus on delivering a bespoke, high quality and unique service to every flyer that boards a VistaJet aircraft. In 2015, the company again invested in its fleet, and as of March 10, it will own 60 branded, premium Global and Challenger aircraft.
The robust growth in both flight traffic and passenger numbers highlights that VistaJet’s subscription model remains a popular and compelling proposition for corporations, entrepreneurs and ultra high net worth individuals who value the time saving benefits of private flight without the asset risk.
The company built on its strong track record for entering new markets by successfully launching in country services in China with an in country registered aircraft. The business also saw encouraging growth in Africa and the Middle East, two priority markets for the business, with flight traffic up 14 per cent and 58 per cent respectively. VistaJet successfully diversified its customer base in 2015, achieving notable growth in customer numbers from the East Coast of America and the West Coast American Technology sector.
To help build a center of expertise and a strong foundation from which to further increase its global market share, the company intends to further invest in growing and developing its operations center in Malta, a key priority for 2016.
Chairman and Founder Thomas Flohr said:
“2015 was a record year for VistaJet. We maintained our position as the leading global business aviation company, taking our passengers to the destinations that no one else will, with as little as 24 hours’ notice. We welcomed more passengers onto our jets than ever before. VistaJet is still increasing its geographic reach in the U.S. and China, and we are taking market share from our main competitors in all of our core markets.
It was particularly pleasing to see the U.S. becoming one of our fastest growing markets. New York City,
Los Angeles, Palm Beach, and Miami lead that growth, and, following the launch last year, we were delighted to see strong growth in flight traffic in China.
We have clear execution plans to increase the number of destinations we fly to still further and to accelerate our growth in 2016.”
|Growth in number of flights into market||13%||62%||139%||58%||15%|
|Growth in number of passengers travelling into market||17%||57%||106%||58%||19%|
Fastest Growing Destinations:
- Fastest growing destinations in North America by flights were USA, Canada and the Bahamas
- Fastest growing destinations in Asia by flights were the Philippines, China and India
- Fastest growing destinations in Europe by flights were UK, France and Spain
- Fastest growing destinations in Africa by flights were South Africa, Ghana and Morocco