Selecting the best people
- Every VistaJet pilot holds an EASA type rating for the aircraft they fly, to ensure maximum familiarity and instinctive reactions to any situation.
- Each VistaJet Pilot-in-Command has a flown a minimum of 3,000 hours, received over 40 hours of classroom and trained for 28 hours of simulator training prior to conducting supervised operational experience of 10 to 20 flights.
- All VistaJet Cabin Hostesses have a minimum of 3 years of first class or equivalent experience prior to joining the company and come from culturally diverse backgrounds; speaking on average 2–3 languages.
World class training
- VistaJet pilots train twice a year in state-of-the-art simulators that include flying procedures for winter airports and real-world flight scenarios.
- VistaJet pilots undergo additional training including: initial type rating, security, cruise relief course, firefighting, dangerous goods handling, winter operations training, and a myriad of additional in-house technical trainings.
- VistaJet pilots undergo annual checks on line flying duties as well as technical refresh safety courses including ESET and CRM.
- VistaJet Cabin Hostesses complete a 15-day training course and fly alongside a Cabin Hostess trainer for 10 client flights to monitor and manage performance and individual development — ensuring full potential is fulfilled and the customer receives the highest level of service.
- VistaJet Cabin Hostess training includes training from the British Butler Institute, Norland Nanny training as well as fire-fighting, service excellence, communication skills, food safety and hygiene, WSET Level 1, advance plating training with a top chef.
- Safety training is completed in-house and is comprised of ESET, CRM and MedAire.
Meet some of your team
Wilfried Woelfel is one of VistaJet’s most seasoned Captains having been with the company for over a decade. Mechanical engineer by trade, he began his aviation career as a flight instructor for airlines across Africa and Europe — in career total, he has flown over 9,500 hours and has 10 years’ experience training Captains and First Officers. Wilfred has spent the recent years flying VistaJet’s flagship Global 6000 across the world and has recently completed training to be one of the first to fly the Global 7500. When reflecting on his time at VistaJet, he says, “Every year I’m with VistaJet, I’m very grateful that this company is standing strong. I trust in our management – I’ve seen incredible work being done by them.”
Fatiha Ouchan has been in aviation for almost nine years and has served as a cabin hostess for private plane charter VistaJet for nearly three years. Originally from Morocco but now splitting her time between Belgium and Dubai, she began her career as a flight attendant with an international airliner in the Middle East, mostly serving the business and first-class cabins.
Since she joined VistaJet, she has traveled to more than 90 countries around the world, and she says her job has enabled her to “truly live my dream”.